If you update your Java Version to 7 Update 51 – which was released in CW 3 – the zip file -you’ll find a link to this at the end of this blog post- allows you to work with the PrintLayout Editor and the Style Editor in the GMSC Administrator. It also fixes the problem that the Client won’t start anymore with the newest Java Update.
Here are some steps to follow so the fix is working for you:
The zip file contains two folders (Administrator & Client)
GMSC 2013 SP 1 with the latest engineering patches (https://geomediasmartclient.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/collection-of-engineering-patches-for-gmsc-sp1/)
1. Delete the folders PrintLayoutEditor and StyleEditor in
2. Copy the content of the folder Administrator in the zip file into the same directory you have deleted the content at step 1 => INSTALLDIR\Program\Administrator\Content
1. Delete the content of the directory INSTALLDIR\Program\jars
2. Copy the content of the folder Client\jars in the zip file into the same directory you have deleted the content at step 1 => INSTALLDIR\Program\jars
3. (Only when necessary) => You have to download the language pack from the Language Admin again and copy it to the INSTALLDIR\Program\jars\resources directory.
Any custom plugins must also follow the new signing guidelines from Oracle. Otherwise GMSC will not work after the update.